The EU Project "Safer Space for Safer Cities" (SafeCi) brought together policy professionals and experts from 10 EU countries to exchange their experiences. The resulting Best Practice Handbook summarizes expert recommendations on 6 key topics. One chapter covers Meike's over 4-year collaboration with the Berlin Police to identify Super-Recognizers.
Meike Ramon and Simon Rjosk contributed a chapter to the Best Practice Handbook developed in the context of the EU-funded project "Safer Space for Safer Cities".
25 chapters describe examples of practices in Europe around 6 core topics:
- Risk and hazard assessment for public spaces
- Structural protection of public spaces against terrorist attacks
- Event protection in public spaces
- The protection of critical infrastructure
- Innovative approaches to protecting public spaces
- Awareness-raising strategies for the protection of public spaces
You can read the publicly accessible short version of the handbook here.